Polytechnic Update

You may have a noticed a few little changes have crept into the site over the past few days. Some of the highlights (if you want to call them that):

  • Massive overhaul of links styles to a much more consistent behaviour (this had been bugging me for a while)
  • Some slight modification to header size and page contents. Hopefully making the page a little cleaner
  • Links are back! I decided to go with the separate page and a combination of my del.icio.us feed, the agregator.module and path aliases made that a snap
  • Rescued the (few) articles that I’ve written from taxonomy limbo and given them back their own navigation entry
  • Tidied up the feed block

Things still to do:

  • The pictures page needs some tidying and a link to my raw flickr photostream
  • Could do with some more introductory / explanatory copy
  • Footer is still AWOL
  • I’m happy with the overall look and feel, but I need to do something about the header and main nav. If only so I don’t look like I’ve been ripping Steph off. Total accident I swear!
  • Have to look at the whole taxonomy and the integration of tags (more of an ‘ideal’ rather than a ‘todo’)

As a total aside, I found this nifty iTunes script in MarsEdit’s Script menu you other day. I had no idea it was there. Now I just need to work out how to trigger it’s insertion into a new post automatically.

(Currently playing in iTunes: Vingt à trente mille jours by Francoiz Breut)